• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

SMP not working, crashed on Fred's protocol, hard to get test - what next?

maddietod

Sasha, I've been on the SMP since April, and have had no results. Although Rich thinks heavy metal toxicity might be blocking me, he thinks it's a good time to try Fred's protocol.

So, Fred.....I've stopped all sources of folic/folinic acid as of today. Yes, including Wahls' smoothies and kale chips. Since I'm not starting up your full protocol until Monday, I could do your methylfolate test. But I don't understand what it is/how to do it.

Could you give me a rundown, or a link?

Freddd

I'm not sure what you mean by Methylfolate test? The only test I am aware of is a trial without folic/folinic/NAC/Glutathione/whey and then a swap for a month or two and use folic/folinic. A couple of such back and forths will tell you lots of things. Of course if you are successful with the active protocol except for some certain sysmptoms back and forth then that leads to something else. There is really no reason to go back to folic/folinic in any case. Everybody gets folinic in veggies anyway so saying that we need it in a pill form also when ample Metafolin is supplied is kind of bogus since it is so difficult to avoid. Metafolin is the form we don't get enough of.