August 8th, 2018: Understanding and Remembrance Day for Severe ME
Have you heard of our Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance? Please join Jody Smith in observing this day and honoring the 25% of those with ME/CFS who are most severely ill.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

SMCI Monthly Thread - Feb 2018

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Emily Taylor, Feb 1, 2018.

1. Emily Taylor

Emily Taylor

Los Angeles, CA
    Hello from the Solve ME/CFS Initiative. We want to share our latest news and research with you, but we also want to respect your space and not spam the forums. In order to do that, we are starting a monthly thread where will we add all of the latest news from SMCI. Throughout the month we plan to use this thread to post our latest news and research.

We'd like to start by sharing last month's edition of our newsletter Research 1st.

Diwi9, Sushi, Comet and 8 others like this.
  2. Emily Taylor

Emily Taylor

Los Angeles, CA
    Sushi, Comet, boombachi and 1 other person like this.
  3. Emily Taylor

Emily Taylor

Los Angeles, CA
    Aroa, Comet and Sushi like this.
  4. Emily Taylor

Emily Taylor

Los Angeles, CA
    The Solve ME/CFS Initiative (SMCI) National ME/CFS Patient Registry, developed in partnership with the Genetic Alliance and Platform for Engaging Everyone Responsibly (PEER), is preparing for launch in the first half of 2018. As part of the roll-out, we will be publishing a series of articles in R1st with information about the features and benefits of the new platform. The series will start with a look at the Registry Community Guides.

READ MORE

Aroa likes this.
  5. Emily Taylor

Emily Taylor

Los Angeles, CA
    SMCI supports worthy ME/CFS research projects across a range of disciplines. In 2017, we funded five research projects and their work is currently underway.

The 2017 Ramsay study from Drs. Jonas Blomberg, Jonas Bergquist, Carl-Gerhard Gottfries, and Olof Zachrisson of Uppsala University and the Gottfries Clinic in Sweden is entitled “Biomarkers for initiation (infection) and metabolic derangement in ME/CFS.” READ MORE

Aroa likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.