• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Slides from James Coyne's Pub Pace talk

Esther12

Nice shout out to @Tom Kindlon at the start.

At this point, Tom's probably bored of the plaudits coming from world renowned researchers. To think that we knew him back when he was just an irritating patient who would do as he was told. Four whole weeks ago.

That all seemed pretty damn great. I was actually glad to see talk of modest steps too - it seems like he's going all in, and the issues around CFS and PACE can be so complicated that I almost feel some concern he might go too far (Coyne going too far in his criticism of PACE was not a worry I had four whole weeks ago).

I think that there are a lot of very interesting issues around PACE, and that it would make a good case study for people interested in a range of problems with psychological research.

A.B.

Coyne seems to understand all aspects of the problem.

ME/CFS isn't the only illness where thinly disguised psychogenic illness bullshit is being promoted by researchers that seem to have no understanding of how to properly do research but are supported by the political establishment and industry lobby groups that stand to benefit. With Coyne on our side, awareness of this issue should grow rapidly.