• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Skin tolerence to pressure

Hi
I got cfs after sepsis in 2015. Initially, I was bed bound for 3 months and developed what I presumed was the beginning of pressure sores...I'd get red circles between my knees if I slept with one leg on top of the other and red patches on the soles of my feet if I sat up in bed with the soles of my feet on the mattress. 18 months on, I'm housebound but not bed bound. The red patches after pressure on my skin continue..even though I move around the house during the day. I can't rest my elbows on a table for more than 5 minutes before I get red patches and numbness on them.
Any ideas what this could be? A sepsis thing? A cfs thing? Anyone got the same? All blood and heart tests are normal.
Thanks