May 12, 2017 Is International ME/CFS and FM Awareness Day
International ME/CFS and FM Awareness Day is May 12th, 2017. Jody Smith shares some information about upcoming events and ways you can be heard ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Six homozygous mutations

Discussion in 'Genetic Testing and SNPs' started by Jonseeder, Aug 6, 2016.

1. Jonseeder

Jonseeder

I would like to take something to help with my depressed mood, but I’m at a loss as to how to interpret my SNP mutation results. Can someone help?

Homozygous:
    COMT V158M
    COMT H62H
    VDR Taq
    MAO A R297R
    MTHFR C677T
    MTRR A66G

Heterozygous:
    MTRR A664A
    CBS C699T

2. caledonia

caledonia

Cincinnati, OH, USA
    See the SNPs Interpretation Guide in my signature link.

Note that SNPs are only potentials and may or may not be expressed. It's best to pair genetic testing with functional testing to see what's actually going on in your body.

3. alicec

alicec Senior Member

Australia
    Some of those SNPs have little or no effect.

The ones that do something are

COMT v158M which slows the enzyme. Supplementation with its cofactor magnesium may be helpful in stimulating the enzyme.

The notion that people with COMT don't tolerate methyl groups is a myth. Some people are sensitive but it has nothing to do with COMT. You may or may not be sensitive - you would have to put it to the test.

MTHFR C677T. This would slow the enzyme. Supplementation with its co-factor vit B2 and with its product methylfolate could be helpful.

MTRR A66G. This would slow the enzyme. Supplementation with methylB12 may be helpful.

Start low and increase slowly with the folate and B12.

Valentijn likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.