• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Simon Wessely's latest

MEKoan

"reactivation therapy"

Mmmmm.

Maybe I could sign up for a bit of that.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if this stuff worked!

Imagine...

I don't know anyone who wouldn't do it. It's just crazy to assume that we choose this. Crazy!

ETA We shouldn't get complacent in Canada.

They're here.

G

Gerwyn

is this what they call evidence a snake oil salesman could do better this is unadulterated marketing

Roy S

former DC ME/CFS lobbyist
Just searching for an old quote and found a rather chilling line after the one I quoted --

Malcolm Hooper has a very long, yet interesting paper titled:

The Mental Health Movement: Persecution of Patients?

A CONSIDERATION OF THE ROLE OF PROFESSOR SIMON WESSELY AND OTHER MEMBERS OF THE WESSELY SCHOOL IN THE PERCEPTION OF MYALGIC ENCEPHALOMYELITIS (ME) IN THE UK

These quotes are from that paper:

"Based in New York, Dr John Diamond is a founding member of The Royal College of Psychiatrists. In an extract from his recent book (Facets of a Diamond 2003) in the October 2003 issue of the journal "What Doctors Don't Tell You", Diamond says "I am no longer a psychiatrist. I renounce it because I believe cruelty is at the core of the profession (and) I believe that there is something inherent in the profession that tends to bring out any cruelty lurking within. I have long wondered why this profession --- which ought to be so compassionate - has, it seems to me, turned its back on humanity".

Dr Robert Hare, a Canadian professor of psychology, as saying "The psychiatric profession and its associates are very reluctant to admit they are wrong or that they have made a mistake".

http://www.meactionuk.org.uk/SELECT_CTTEE_FINAL_VERSION.htm

"Yet psychiatrists have powerful positions of control and ever more credibility in so many areas: Simon Wessely and Anthony David were funded by the US Pentagon (and came to the conclusion that Gulf War Syndrome does not exist) and Wessely is involved with advising NATO. "

And since then I've learned that Dr Robert Hare is perhaps the world's leading authority on psychopaths.

Christopher

Just searching for an old quote and found a rather chilling line after the one I quoted --

"Yet psychiatrists have powerful positions of control and ever more credibility in so many areas: Simon Wessely and Anthony David were funded by the US Pentagon (and came to the conclusion that Gulf War Syndrome does not exist) and Wessely is involved with advising NATO. "

And since then I've learned that Dr Robert Hare is perhaps the world's leading authority on psychopaths.

The science will win. There is too much we know about the disease in plain view for it to be covered up anymore.