• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Simmaron Research, Every $1 you invest in this project will yield $5 of CFS/ME research!

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Thanks for posting this - worth having the full text here, I think - this looks like a great opportunity:

This is a rare opportunity in the world of CFS/ME research. An investment of $225,000 will allow Simmaron to complete the pilot study, which will open the door to a pre-approved $800,000+ grant for a larger follow-up study investigating immune dysfunction in CFS/ME.
That’s more than $1 million of targeted biological research conducted by world-renowned scientists specializing in CFS/ME! Simmaron has already raised $75,000 so we’re one-third of the way there. But we need your help to reach our goal.

The Need

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS), also known as Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME) and Chronic Fatigue and Immune Dysfunction Syndrome (CFIDS) is a debilitating, chronic neuroimmune illness which affects multiple body systems and substantially impairs functioning in patients.
Did You Know?

• 1-4 million Americans have CFS/ME, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control.
  • Approximately 25% of patients are disabled by the illness.
  • Diagnosis is a process of elimination, as no biomarker has been identified.
  • There are no medications specifically approved for treatment of CFS/ME.
Simmaron’s top priority is to fund a pilot study that will investigate cytokines and immune/autoimmune activity in CFS/ME spinal fluid. See our Research page to learn more details about this important study.

justinreilly

This is the perfect project to really reach out to "civilians" for. Serious research, with the "endorsement"/vetting of an outside grantor, plus their dollars will have exponential impact! Pls reach out to friends and family by email, Facebook, etc.