• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Sign up (provisionally) to show Ryan Prior's ME/CFS documentary - non-PWME are the target audience!

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Ryan Prior is looking to get lots of us to agree (no commitment) to arrange screenings of his documentary. He says:

Patients are not the audience of our film. The world is.

Instead, patients, are the evangelists of this film. We hope the film can be a tool to explain this disease to your family, friends, and community.

And we'll promise to make the screening process as easy as possible. If you sign up to stage a screening, it can be as simple as 10 people at your house or as grandiose as 300 at a local medical school.

We jumped from 79 sign-ups to 99 sign-ups in a single day. Can we get to 120 sign-ups for worldwide screenings by tomorrow?

http://mecfsdocumentary.com/stage-a-screening/

and earlier:

Want to join our budding international platform and be on the list to organize a screening in your hometown? You'll likely be able to show Forgotten Plague at a theater, a school, community center, or even your home!

When the time comes, we'll provide you all the information you need to make your event a success.

Click below to sign up!
http://mecfsdocumentary.com/stage-a-screening/
The link takes you to this message:

Stage A Screening!

Commit for Change in Your Community.

This film is a community project. It thrives not only on funding from individuals and organizations but also from an army of people across the world who are on fire about this film and its message, who want to tell anyone and everyone about it.

Below, you can express interest in showing the film at your home, school, community organization, or theater. This is not an ironclad agreement, just an informal process to gauge interest, so we can tell the news media and distributors how important people feel this message is.

When the film is released, we’ll give you a Event Planning Guide and a Media Kit to show you how to plan your event. The more people to sign up, the more impact we can promise.

justy

Donate Advocate Demonstrate
Thanks Sasha for posting this. I have often thought it would be a great idea to screen a film about M.E/CFS in communities around the world to raise awareness, and perhaps raise money as well.

I have signed up! last year a friend of my husbands staged a small rural film festival in a local village hall and had entrants from all over the world - it was quite a big event. I am hoping I can get him involved and see if we can do a screening of this.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
I have signed up! last year a friend of my husbands staged a small rural film festival in a local village hall and had entrants from all over the world - it was quite a big event. I am hoping I can get him involved and see if we can do a screening of this.

Fantastic! He sounds ideal. Maybe he might have some ideas about how to spread it further in the UK.

catly

Thanks @Sasha, I tried to sign up, but I'm not sure if it worked so I sent them an email.

I'm think I could get a least 10 friends to come to my house and watch the film. I might even be able to get a showing through my employer, a major healthcare institution in NY (yes, I'm still working). I think I could get support through my boss and colleagues several of whom have family members who have ME.

I really like this idea @RyanPrior if you're still around this forum. Could be the "viral" (internet/media, not bugs) idea that we need!

Sasha

Fine, thank you
The latest on this:

https://www.facebook.com/CFSDocumentary/posts/871120936252096

Forgotten Plague on FB said:
We're up to about 120 sign-ups for screenings globally, which is well on our way to our goal of having 300 screenings of Forgotten Plague in our first year.

Screening events can be started anywhere in any location, from a home to a school. But by far and away, the best way to watch Forgotten Plague is on the big screen, in a standard movie theater.

The great news is that there are a number of systems that allow access to theatrical venues for independent filmmakers. One of the most popular is Tugg, which is a new "theatrical-on-demand" platform that has sprung up in the past few years.

We're still formulating plans on outreach and distribution, but it's likely we would pursue some sort of theatrical-on-demand model so that the film can be shown at theaters anywhere.

Tugg is a system that allows anyone to stage one-off local screenings at major theater chains like Carmike, AMC, Regal, Cinemark, and Landmark. Event organizers simply need to advertise their event and reach a certain threshold of ticket sales (perhaps 50, but it varies by venue). Once the threshold is reached, then the event is on!

Check out the link to see how Tugg works and let us know what you think. It could be an awesome way to show the film in style across the world!

http://resources.tugg.com/howtuggworks/

snowathlete

I'm a big supporter of what they are doing. I hope to sign up at some point but I need to see how I am nearer the time. There is a local arts theatre in my town and they show things like this and have a good amount of space for it. I'd like to show it there and get people to come see it. Hopefully the local GPs and MP for a start.