• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Sign petition to get the NZ govt to validate ME - Overseas votes allowed, by 17Nov!

Jill

The NZ ME patient community have organised a petition to be sent to
parliament. We have amassed 2,000+ by hand, about a week ago found out we
can collect over the internet. I'm sorry if it has been posted here previously - i'm just trying to cover everywhere to help out. PLEASE NOT: overseas people can sign !!! We kiwis need all the help we can get - get as many people as you can to sign and please pass on. Its so hard doing it by foot! The links below are

1. a story about the lady who has organised it. It was in our local paper.
http://www.times.co.nz/front-page-feature/petition-for-parliament-brings-hope.html

**2. the link to the petition itself **
http://tinyurl.com/3f4p7va

Overseas people can sign no problem.

We need 5,000 signature to have our local MP , who is a retired dr,to take
it to select committee.

Recently, the Norwegian government made a public apology to the ME patient
community in Norway for their lack of support for ME sufferers in both the
medical world and the social sevices world. We will be attaching this
aplogy to the petition and asking that our government tdo the same.

Please sign and get as many family and friends to sign - we only have one
chance at this!

Please pass on to those who care about people with ME

It shuts on the 17th of Novemeber. A doctor who is now an MP will be taking it to parliament.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Hi Jill - well done for posting this, I've signed.

I think it's very important that PWME anywhere in the world support this petition because the more governments apologise to their PWME, the better it is for all of us and the more likely all of us are to get an apology from our own governments.

Jill, have you thought about maybe PMing Cort to ask him to write a short article about this to get more signatures? I wonder if it might also help to retitle your thread "Sign petition from anywhere in the world to get NZ govt apology for patients" or similar so that it's extra-clear that it's not just NZ people who can sign. We can't edit our own titles (I think) but if you hit the black triangle to report your own post it will get a moderator's attention.

taniaaust1

I almost didnt look at this thread for reason Sasha said.. I wasnt aware that this petition would be open to those in other countries. Changing the heading would be a very good idea.

I quite like that petition, very well written and clear.

maddietod

Done! If you change the header, you might want to mention that we've only got until the 17th to sign.

Jill

Hi again, Thanks for your votes and suggestions - have just figured out how to report to the moderators to ask them to change title. thanks everyone