• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Sign Jen Brea's #MEAction international petition to Congress for $250m research equality for ME/CFS

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Yesterday Jen launched her exciting new mass-advocacy platform, #MEAction, and among its first actions is a mass petition to US Congress for equality for ME/CFS research funding - $250m a year.

Jen's prominence in the community gives this the potential to be hugely successful so let's get behind it!

It's automated and easy to do. I've already done it and sent a link to all my friends and family.

Here's the page for US people:

http://my.meaction.net/efforts/tell-congress-to-support-funding-equality-for-me-cfs/near/new

and here's the page for non-US people:

http://my.meaction.net/petitions/us...-around-the-world-care-about-funding-equality

Go, go, go! :rocket::rocket::rocket:

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Great idea to have a petition for non USers to sign!

It is, and the whole thing is extremely well-organised. I think this is going to go great guns.

I think we should have a race and get those numbers up before America wakes up today! :)

Everyone on this forum should be signing this, wherever they live in the world. A bigger US research budget will benefit all of us - the US has research teams ready to go right now if they get the funding, and the US operates on a scale that other countries can't or don't, in terms of targeted funding and infrastructure.

We should all be getting involved in this - and it takes just seconds to do.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Signed!

Yes, very easy to do!

Like the way it's organized by state in the US!

Yes, you just put your state in and it sorts out for you who to send it to. Very, very easy and well thought out.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
US folks - a question!

In the UK, we have a national organisation called '38 Degrees' (the angle that a slope needs to be before a pebble will start a landslide) that emails its huge list of supporters and invites them to do 1-click petitions. Today, for example, I got an email from them asking me to sign a petition to object to our new government's plan to ditch the Human Rights Act (which protects disabled people, among others). They've already got 100,000 signatures and it's only 1pm. :jaw-drop::jaw-drop::jaw-drop:

Do you have such a national organisation in the US?

SOC

Great work by Jen! Let's get all the signatures we need, and more. :D

Now, where's the equivalent petition to other countries' government agencies asking them to spend more of their country's budget on ME/CFS? I want to sign those, too. It's not all up to the US. We need funding from every major nation to make the kind of progress we need.

Last edited: