Julie Rehmeyer's 'Through the Shadowlands'
Writer Never Give Up talks about Julie Rehmeyer's new book "Through the Shadowlands: A Science Writer's Odyssey into an Illness Science Doesn't Understand" and shares an interview with Julie ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

SIBO / Dysbiosis herbal treatment

Discussion in 'The Gut: De Meirleir & Maes; H2S; Leaky Gut' started by Aubry, Sep 1, 2017.

1. ljimbo423

ljimbo423 Senior Member

United States, New Hampshire
    The test didn't include staphylococcus. This is my protocol you asked about-
    I started with 25 days of Rifaximin. I have been taking herbal antibiotics- ceylon cinnamon, thyme, oil of oregano, holy basil, and neem, daily for 9 months, along with glutamine, colostrum, a low carb diet. and probiotics.

After 6 months I added in prebiotics to feed the probiotic bacteria in my gut.

I also take 3 grams of omega 3's (epa/dha) and 500mg curcumin daily for gut inflammation and inflammation in general. I often feel almost completely normal, with the only noticeable symptom being a very minor headache.

I still get PEM if I do more than 4-6 hours of physical activity. It's hard to put into words though, how much my quality of life has improved!!

Jim

pibee, Thinktank and Aubry like this.
  2. Olena

Olena

Ukraine
    I also accept this protocol, but for now I feel good. The poorest ingredient is Capristatin.

I plan to remove it. Usually I tell KDM what I want to cancel, and he agrees.

3. Banana94

Banana94 Senior Member

Switzerland
    Why did he prescribed you this herbal protocol for SIBO? what kind of overgrowth do you have?
    @Olena

Is there a test for SIBO? He never told me that I have SIBO and I don't think I have SIBO symptoms.
    My digestive problems is actually only poor stool quality and itching after bowel movement.
    Don't have bloating, cramps, stomachache and also I don't respond well on Betain HCL.

But I know that KDM told other patients that if you have high bacteroidetes (about 45%, instead of <10%) than they will also be in the small intestine.

Currently I'm taking Ornidazol and I think I respond pretty well. But there will me more ABX courses needed.

4. Olena

Olena

Ukraine
    I have the confirmation of Arminlabs Lyme Elispot (low) and many symptoms of brucellosis (there is no confirmation on the analysis Red labs). But KDM does not risk giving me antibiotics, because strong immunodeficiency in macrophages and nk cells, and high candida(.
    The stool analysis showed the growth of clostridia, and I asked for an herbal protocol.

ljimbo423 likes this.
  5. Banana94

Banana94 Senior Member

Switzerland
    How did he checked your immunodeficieny in macrophages an nk cells? Which bloodtests arent in the range?

6. knackers323

knackers323 Senior Member

@ljimbo423 and others. Would a normal cd14 level generally rule out leaky gut?

ljimbo423 likes this.
  7. ljimbo423

ljimbo423 Senior Member

United States, New Hampshire
    I really don't know but maybe somebody else has some more info on this.

Jim

8. Aubry

Aubry Senior Member

No normal cd14 levels don't exclude leaky gut. Neither for good Zonulin levels

Olena and ljimbo423 like this.
  9. Aubry

Aubry Senior Member

10. vaer

vaer

Last edited: Jan 19, 2018

See more popular forum discussions.