• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Show Your Socks!!!

spindrift

Plays With Voodoo Dollies
No, not the stinky ones on your feet :eek:

The Sock it 2 ME/CFS awareness project is now accepting socks, thanks to all the
great people that made it happen.

Since all of us are grateful to have so many friends on this forum who give us
support and do advocacy, this is a great way to show appreciation and raise
awareness.

Please consider making a sock in honor of a friend. Don't have friends? Well
just make one for yourself ;)

I know most of us don't have much extra energy for projects, but you can
always order socks online and just personalize them with a little decoration.
I bought socks and asked a friend to do some embroidering on them and
sew little star buttons on.

Please visit: http://www.sockit2mecfs.org/
and show your socks off here to get others inspired to send socks for the
project.

Here are the ones I sent out for the project:

Attachments

• CFS..jpg
    CFS..jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 203

spindrift

Would some one kindly tell me how to post large pictures instead of thumbnails using
my own files and not an internet link?

Thanks

spindrift

Robin saved the day again, like so many times and that is why I made a sock for her.

Come on everyone, we can do just as good of a job as the people that made the AIDS quilt!

starryeyes

Those are totally adorable Spin!! I hope to feel well enough to make my sock soon. I hope. I wish I could make more than one but that's all I can handle.

Sock it to ME~!!! The website is wonderful! Great job Talking Fox in Sox and CreekFeet. :victory::victory::victory:

creekfeet

Sockfeet
I'm half-able----I'm going to get "sock blanks" from talkingfox because I can't make one myself, but my kids and I can do the decorating part... I think! So remember, that's an option too.

Spindrift, I love those beautiful socks with their tiny forget-ME-not details.

Tammie

I just got the material and fabric markers.....completely wiped out from shopping, but as soon as I possibly can I will start working on mine.....wish i had the energy to help more with this project, but for now this is all I can do

creekfeet

Sockfeet
You've been a great cheerleader for the project though, Tammie, and input from you and Starry and DB and tina and everyone has helped keep me going when I got tired or started to doubt if it could really happen. And yours will probably be among the first socks received!

I have this design in my mind for my sock and am not sure how it will go when I try to actually make it. We'll see!

jace

Off the fence
mine's nearly there - I am such a light-weight these days, a little job like this has to be divided up into bite-size pieces :O

But it's fun to do! I'll upload a piccy when it's done :Retro smile:

spindrift

mine's nearly there - I am such a light-weight these days, a little job like this has to be divided up into bite-size pieces :O

But it's fun to do! I'll upload a piccy when it's done :Retro smile:

:victory::victory::victory:Yay!!!!!!! Can't wait to see it.:Retro smile:

jace

Off the fence
Man, I used to be able to make ten like that in a day, maybe not all the painting though, it's my trade.

liverock

I dont know about it being ME Awareness Day, as you can see its still brain fog day for me.

attachment.php