• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Should i go to Mayo Clinic?

Hello again everyone, i have an update and i really need your help with suggestions on what i should do next

I met with Kaufman and i did a few tests, none of them showed anything special. I don't regret visiting him because he will continue to suggest what i should do next.

There is one thing left for me to do before i probably will give up,

10 years ago i got cured by Roaccutan (Accutane) which i took against acne. I took it for 6-7 months and a few months after i stopped taking it, ALL my symptoms went away for 6 months and then gradually came back again (the acne disappeared).
No one knows what it cured and i still haven't found anyone that has been cured from something similar by taking accutane, it can basically only cure skin problems and cancer.

My plan is to take Roaccutan again for 7 months, 60mg everyday (10 mg more then previous time) and then i will video document this process.
I really want to do tests related to every symptom i have that can tell what difference has been made in my body but unfortunately i haven't found any such tests to do.

This is what will change for me:

- My brain and thinking capacity will increase and concentration problems, nervousness, easily irritation, and the bad memory will all go away
- My grayish (pale) skin colour will go away, my skin tone will change. From my point of view i will get more colour.
- My hair will stop being dry and lifeless, when i got cured 10 years ago it was the only period in my life when hair products worked in my hair. It didn't work before or after (or today)
- My body and urine odour will not smell bad anymore
- My fitness / stamina will increase
- I will have more energy in my body, i wont be tired anymore

If anyone have any suggestions on tests that can help me to document these changes i would really appreciate it.