• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

short term memory and learning problems

physicsstudent13

I have had heavy severe brain fog for about 5 years from I think sleep apnea. I suddenly improved after taking NAC, phosphitadyl choline with amino acids. but my short term memory and learning still seem disabled, struggling math but still 4.0. I've had a lot of improvement since getting a new ventilator for sleep. I've been trying sam-E, acetyl carnitine, alpha gpc, methyl folate.
is there anything I can take to improve learning like magnesium citicoline?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citicoline#Memory_disorders
http://www.magneceutical.com/
thanks very much!

physicsstudent13

the site is www.magceutics.com actually
I'm curious how magnesium affects the brain, I'm thinking of trying this along with sam-E. I'm not sure the alpha GPC does anything for me. I need good sleep on the asv machine to have better cognition and energy

I take phosphitadyl choline, alpha GPC, so will citicoline help me beyond these? there is also focus factor with magnesium and different types of vitamin c

physicsstudent13

do you really have better memory, speed, attention on magnesium? it seems magnesium causes sleepiness at least in oxide form at 250-500mg

Dude, I'm very caution about all these drugs. They do nothing but hurt your pockets. I've tried everything, nothing really works. And if it does work then it's very temp. Have you consider taking Nuvigil ?