• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Short of breath with slower than usual pulse rate.

Hi. I'm in a big crash currently and I'm starting to experience alot of shortness of breath but my pulse is a good ten beats slower than usual and with air hunger I've experienced in the past I've had a faster pulse. It is also a different kind of air hunger to anything else I've known. Just wondering if this is normal as I'm worrying about my heart as the crash I'm in started after a bad reaction to amitryptyline. Spoke to my gp and just get fobbed off with the usual crap. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

xrayspex

I think the tricyclics are known for the heart thing--i tried them all and even doxepin made mine race, when I was in my early 30s with no history of diagnosed heart probs at time
mine went away when I went off of them
altho I suspected mitral valve prolapse --not sure if spelled that right

if you are worried you are having a dangerous heart situation tho I would call nurse on call or go to er

Thanks for your reply. My heartbeat seems nice and regular but I'm just curious as I'm in the worst crash ever and would normally expect a faster heart rate and it seems to be gradually getting slower.