• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Short interview with Suzanne O'Sullivan on psychosomatic illness on NPR

TiredSam

The wise nematode hibernates
The title "It's all in your Head" looks like she's bursting onto the scene unasked to make a claim or assertion. Which in fact she is.

The change to "Is it all in your head?" could just be a device to make it look like somebody asked for her opinion, thus making it more legitimate for her to look over the rim of her glasses and start spewing nonsense.

It's a bit like when someone starts a sentence with "people often ask me ..." before going on to give you their long boring opinion on something you weren't the slightest bit interested in. Yeah, sure people often ask you. You wish.

Forbin

When the "it's all in your head" argument goes wrong.... Really wrong. :)

[Bomb #20 fails to drop away from the ship, yet continues its countdown...]
[Be sure to watch to the end of the video.]

Last edited:

me/cfs 27931

When the "it's all in your head" argument goes wrong.... Really wrong. :)

[Bomb #20 fails to drop away from the ship, yet continues its countdown...]
[Be sure to watch to the end of the video.]

@Forbin Thanks for that laugh. I remember nearly 40 years ago seeing a double feature of Dark Star along with A Boy And His Dog at a local cinema. Both movies are some of the craziest low budget sci fi ever created.

In A Boy And His Dog, I learned that a can of beets is actually a can of peaches, if you believe it is. Also, some animals are telepathic, and can train you how to survive in a post apocalyptic world. But most importantly, if you have to choose between your girlfriend and your telepathic dog, always pick the dog. :):lol: