• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Short film about the experiences of ME sufferers in Kirklees and Calderdale

Dear Friends,
my local ME support group (Kirklees and Calderdale Independent Support Group) is campaigning for better services for people with the illness. In the near future it will be having talks with the local CCGs about some of the issues raised in the film below. It was produced by Kirklees Healthwatch in collaboration with our members. Hopefully, the film will be a powerful tool in our campaign to go from no services for ME suffers in our area to some services!

Pike Thanks for this video. I am just sorting out showing unrest in my area and I got somewhere to show it for free but they wasnt covering the costs for the film just room to show it. I had been to speak to someone from healthwatch in my area a few weeks ago and after I got the ok from another charity that helps people who are isolated I spoke to the manager from my local healthwatch about problems regarding my diagnosis over 13 years even though I was diagnosed with ME right at the start I later found out I had an infection that was antibiotic resistant and I getting no help other then gp and hospitals are turning me away. Healthwatch manager I saw last week and when I mentioned I was showing the film but have to pay he said he may be able to help but as long as it is not biased against the NHS. I have sent him an email with links about ME research over the last few years as he had turned around and said he doesnt think it is real illness. I am waiting for a reply back to see if they will fund it as need to know this week.