• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Serotonin releasing agent for overmethylation

Fred Smith

they release all your serotonin at once you should feel happy for a second then depressed if You have normal chemical balance.

Now an overmethylator produce too much serotonin. Would using a SSRA like 5-APDB to release all your serotonin at once make you feel sick then gradually better? since all the serotonin is gone and it takes about 6 weeks to rebalance. Now would this work? I just got 2 problems. Since overmethylators already produce too much serotonin can this be dangerous when it gets released like serotonin syndrome? my other problem is . normal people serotonin would balance in 6 weeks, what about overmethylators? Would we get it back faster?