• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Seriphos dosing help

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I just got my results back from a saliva cortisol test and I have a flattened circadian rhythm.

My cortisol is low in the morning, ok during the day then it peaks at 6 pm (still below the range) and drops but still high at midnight. Explains a lot about my messed up sleep.

I have some Seriphos but I remember people saying it amped them up too much so I'm trying to figure out when to take it. I know some people took at at noon. I really have no idea.

I know I have to experiment But I'd prefer not to be up all night if I can help it. Anyone have any suggestions?

Please tag me.

I'll had the graph tomorrow.

Mary

Moderator Resource
@minkeygirl - I was initially told to take it at night. At the time, some 12 years ago or so, my cortisol was quite high in the middle of the night, causing severe insomnia. When I took the Seriphos at night as directed, I had a horrible night, it wasn't just lack of sleep, it just felt bad, it's hard to describe. It's been so long, it's hard to remember exactly how I felt, but I know it was not good.

Somehow I came across the idea of taking it in the morning and it was wonderful taking it then. I later learned that due to our circadian rhythms, it's best to take it in the morning. It didn't make me sleepy during the day, but I felt calmer and better able to handle stress - it was great. And I slept better at night too.

I had to play around with it to get the right dose and ended up initially taking 8 capsules in divided doses on an empty stomach in the morning (4 when I first got up and 4 late morning). That's a high dose and I don't recommend anyone start with that much. Like everything else, you go slow and work up gradually to what works for you. After some months I realized I was getting extra tired and realized my cortisol was going too low and I cut my dose accordingly, although I had to stay on a low maintenance dose for a long time.

Good luck with it! I hope it helps --

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
If total cortisol is low , using something like seriphos may lower day time cortisol further and day time fatigue worse.

Might be best to try and increase morning cortisol as well as dhea. Dhea helps with negative effects of cortisol . So good dhea over time may help with high night time cortisol .

Once dhea is good and given time to work and total cortisol improves but night time cortisol still high, than look at cortisol lowering supps.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
@heapsreal my morning was low, afternoon ok and evening high. Also my DHEA was also low even with supplementation so I'm going to get some transdermal. I may have absorption issues because of my gut.

So taking seriphos in the afternoon would mess me up the following morning?

Where does pregnenolone fit into this picture? I could not take oral preg because i I had a huge crash.

So if I increase morning cortisol doesn't that still leave evening high? Could explain some of my sleep issues.

Balancing hormones is so complicated.

perchance dreamer

Taking Seriphos in the morning totally zombified me the rest of the day. My morning cortisol was low, and it was highest with the 4:00 a.m. saliva sample. I had better results taking it before bed.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
@perchance dreamer I'm gonna try one at noon tomorrow. See how that goes.

In also going to up my DHEA slowly.

Here's my results

Attachments

• Snip20151113_3.png
    Snip20151113_3.png
    136.6 KB · Views: 26

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
@maryb. I was still jittery at night but did sleep (which surprised me) with the help of big pharma

Now that I'm up and around 8:30 am I am feeling a tiny amped. It would be easy for me to really over do it. My body is amped but by Brain is not. I'm fighting to not do abunch of stuff. I don't like the feeling.

I'll see how today goes but won't try a smaller dose until next weekend. If at all. Maybe see how higher dhea goes. ?

maryb

iherb code TAK122
@minkeygirl
how strange to have such a long lasting effect, I must say I would like to feel a bit 'amped' but not the brain bit:)
Glad you slept.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
And I'm still feeling it @maryb It's not a good amped, it's more like jittery inside. Brain is usual fogged mess. If it helped wake my brain up that'd be great, but not this stuff.