• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Selfhacked's treatment for chronic fatigue

brenda

If you watch the maker's extremely long video, you will learn that this device makes a much bigger response than higher voltage units. I can't really remember the mechanism and I'm not going to watch the vid again. This device can sometimes cause my nerves to pulse along with the device, as mentioned above. That means it is high enough voltage for me.

Sorry l missed that it is a PEMF device. I was talking about generating frequencies but there has been a new addition but it costs a lot more but has a PEMF attachment as well as ultrasound. Experimenting.

Justin30

I am very curious about these devices as well. I have been looking into the technology for several months now.

I like the idea that in can be used everywhere. Like temples to work on HPA Axis. Gut to improve gut motility, thyroid to improve function......this is alll what the selfhacked guy said by the way....but the technology itself does promote stem sell proliferation and healing....

I was thing like supposedly in some theories we have damage to our brian stems and other organs....this could be useful???

Of another not is that this technology is supposed to be a vagues nerve stimulator....which...their have been some major discussions about from top experts.

Selfhacked although doesnt specify ME/CFS he was debilitated at one point in his life by Lyme or something (i could be wrong and dont want to re-read). He has huge coponents of TH1 and TH2 immunity and literally lists countless relvant tests and their importance in re-obtaining health.

I do so overlapp between what he suggests and what even some ME Drs recommend .....Even LDN is mentioned.....his stuff is quite interesting and useful...

EXCEPT anything to do with exercise...

Read his stuff you may find some stuff useful or not....

Deltrus

I replied to justin30 in a pm but I wanted to post here so people have a bit more information on my opinion of this ICES PEMF device. I added some stuff in.

I've tried it everywhere. In areas with more nervous system tissue(central or peripheral nerves), it produces a slightly pulsating sensation and usually clears the senses and mind of fog, but to varying extents. Sometimes it doesn't do much in terms of brain fog.

In flesh/muscle it lowers inflammation, in areas with bacteria, it increases growth(you can hear gas being produced, and if you take prebiotics then you get more poop).

Today I tried using the device again, and it seemed to give better results now that I'm megadosing pretty much every mineral/vitamin that I can. Perhaps it provides energy for reactions so that enzymes have an easier time or something..

It seems like when my brain is closer to the seizure threshold, the pulsating is a negative effect and makes things worse, but if I'm further away, like today after taking all my multis and not redosing caffeine, it mainly reduced inflammation and cleared my brainfog. This makes sense, because when the body is closer to the seizure threshold, each bit of increased excitation gives an exponential response.

There is one spot on my head, a little bit to the right and front of the crown of my head, where I feel like there is a circle of nerves which are hyperexcitable. Putting the device on this area, my tight muscles in my right neck twitch a little, and I can feel the nerve cluster pulse from that spot all the way to my chest. This is the area which is normally tight for me.

It will be interesting to see if this is a myelin scar, once I go to the neurologist next month.

The net effect on this spot doesn't seem to be bad, perhaps after pulsing it for a few minutes, I can physically sense the spot in my head a bit after removing the device, it feels a very slight pain or something. I ended up using the device a few more minutes, on my chest and the rest of my head.

Today due to the device my inflammation and brain fog was lowered quite a bit. I got clearer vision and my muscles weren't as tired/sore/uncomfortable. I probably would have got an alleviation of brain fog from putting the device on any part of the brain, not just that spot. Just thought it was noteworthy that an area produced a different response. I'm wondering if putting it on that spot would have good long term effects or bad?

As an analogy, the reliability of this device is like coffee. Sometimes it will give a good boost, and clear inflammation, sometimes it will make you crash. Taking coffee will give a better response to those with less vitamin deficiencies, and some people don't even get a crash. Like coffee, the less amount you use this device, the more reliable the effect and clean it feels. Drinking 4-5 cups of coffee is much more likely to make a crash than drinking some tea.

But all this said I've experimented with this device for like 1 year or so and I've never come to a conclusion on my opinion of it, but it is still fairly interesting.

If I was to go back and have the choice to buy it or not, I'd be on the wall. It is quite expensive and I haven't yet gotten any long term good effects from what I can tell. But curiosity would probably get the better of me. With rechargable batteries, I can keep experimenting with it for a long time. So it probably will cost less than something like a life time supply of vitamin C that I'l buy over the years.

Edit: also I get much less tingling if I put it on areas on my left side where there is no neuropathy. On these areas I think I only get good effects. I think myelin and cell integrety being good boosts the effectiveness of this device. Also areas with neuropathy seem to feel better afterwards, but a bit numb/weird. And my tinnitus is triggered a bit.

Last edited:

Johnmac

I had a recurrence of CFS this year after a prolonged stress episode, so followed the SelfHacked method.

It has been very successful. Most of my fatigue has gone. His 'lifestyle comprehensiveness', and his not focussing solely on pills, were the breakthrough I needed.

The most efficacious of his recommendations have been restoring circadian rhythm, lectin avoidance diet, resveratrol, & ramping up walking, sprints, yoga & chi gung - quite a lot.

I also take about 40 supplements, tho am not sure they do a lot, & will now wind them down.

Recently I introduced pregnenolone & the sprints at the same time, & noticed that my mental clarity & energy were really improved - i.e. just about back to normal. But I'm not sure if it was one, the other or both (yet).

Valentijn

It has been very successful. Most of my fatigue has gone.
If only I had fatigue :rolleyes:

The most efficacious of his recommendations have been restoring circadian rhythm, lectin avoidance diet, resveratrol, & ramping up walking, sprints, yoga & chi gung - quite a lot.
Increased exercise isn't going to help patients who have a disease defined by exercise intolerance. And sleep hygiene has been done to death, without doing anything for ME/CFS.

Johnmac

If only I had fatigue :rolleyes:

Increased exercise isn't going to help patients who have a disease defined by exercise intolerance. And sleep hygiene has been done to death, without doing anything for ME/CFS.

This is a thread about the SelfHacked recommendations to treat fatigue. The OP asked for people's thoughts on this. I gave mine. I made no claims beyond describing my experience. Why don't you have a read of the post, so you know what the topic is?

HABS93

This is a thread about the SelfHacked recommendations to treat fatigue. The OP asked for people's thoughts on this. I gave mine. I made no claims beyond describing my experience. Why don't you have a read of the post, so you know what the topic is?
What ever happened to this device ? Does it work for some?

gbells

Improved ME from 2 to 6
I meant to differentiate that, but I do think he's trying to treat inflammation which can cause fatigue in general. There might be something useful in there.

You can already treat it with curcumin which is proven vs this micro-coil pulse unit which, even if it did work to inhibit viruses (which I see no evidence for and doubt), it would cover a small area. Remember, these viruses are integrated into the cell's DNA so there would be no permanent cure. I think it's a waste of money.

I don't see that this blog author has any credentials in health care. It lists a BS degree without saying the specialization. He could be a physicist for all we know.

His blog looks like a rabbit hole of idle speculation misleadingly stated as fact. Look at this post where he recommends supplements to increase T-cells and strong anti-oxidants (which lower immune reponse) to fight Epstein Barr Virus while oblivious of the fact that EBV directly prevents T-cell immune response (apoptosis) through apoptosis checkpoint blocking at the infected cell's membrane receptor. https://selfhack.com/blog/homing-fundamenal-cause-epstein-barr-reactivation/

The selfhacked site is commercial. Here are their products.
https://selfhack.com/store/

Last edited: