• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

seeking update on WPI's search for medical director and conducting clinical trials

RivkaRivka

i'm seeking an update on WPI's search for a medical director and on their interest in conducting clinical trials.

does anyone have any new info on WPI's search for a medical director? i know that they can't really begin clinical trials until they have one.

any news about WPI at all?

leaves

Yes worrisome; they had planned to start treatment for patients soon, but they still do not have a medical director.

paddygirl

Conundrum

i'm seeking an update on WPI's search for a medical director and on their interest in conducting clinical trials.

does anyone have any new info on WPI's search for a medical director? i know that they can't really begin clinical trials until they have one.

any news about WPI at all?

I asked Dr M about this at the New Jersey meeting. She said its all about money. No grants forthcoming.

I was interested as many are in being a patient at WPI, as I'll be ninety before anything happens here.

I assumed that Dr M was talking about doctors for the WPI clinic, but maybe the funding is so strapped that its affecting the Medical Director position too.

Its very frustrating, I'd add a chunk to my mortgage to be treated there, I'm looking at giving up work if I carry on like this, work to bed, bed to work.:headache:

Paddy