• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

seeing Dr Myhill tomorrow

Enid

Thank you very much justy for all your time and effort in posting this - it is an enormous help/guide for those of us not able to travel to Wales. The whole basis of her treatment (the problems involved) point the way. Hoping you will improve more - gradually now.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Very interesting, Justy! I'm glad you had such a good session. Thanks for giving such a detailed account of it all. There's a lot to think about there.

I see on her website she is booked up for six months and I had the impression that she doesn't want to see people until they've tried self-treating on her protocol for a while (I may have got that wrong - I found the site quite confusing and although I've downloaded her book I haven't started reading it yet). Is that why you were visiting her quite some time after self-treating?

justy

Donate Advocate Demonstrate
Hi Sasha -yes there is so much info on her website that it can be confusing. She is not taking on new patients at all at the moment - not for consultations anyway, so the point of the website is for people to be able to read all the info (including the free book) and be able to access the tests at low cost without her having to see everyone (which she obviously cant) You dont need to try the protocol first, but as she is not seeing new patients the idea is you order the mito test through her and you also pay her for a report which is very detailed about the results with an individual supplement plan and plan for the best way forward which you then have to get on with (although the office will put questions to her by e mail which she will endevour to answer (no cost) This was the situation when i first came across her, so i did the test and got the report and started the protocol as advised for me - this along with help and support from some of her other patients helped me to gain some ground, but then i felt stuck or like i was sliding back and i needed more help, it was a t this time that she couldnt practice as a doctor nd she opened up her list again - i only got on just after she closed it because i had already bee3n in regular contact and had done the tests (plus i pleaded) I dont know if this is any clearer
I also know people who have had good results just following her general advice for CFS patients who couldnt afford the mito test -although i think it is worth it as itgives you a much better idea of where your particvular problem lies. I have seen a few different peoples results and they are all a bit different in what areas are specifcally going wrong, although its all some sort of mito dysfunction.
Personally i found her website and book a biot confusing and lso very scientific ( a bit hard for me a t the time) but after hanging out here for the past year and reading so much stuff i can get my head round it now. Its well worth a read (although i dont think ive ever made it all the way through)
Good luck!

maryb

iherb code TAK122
Thanks Maryb for the above, sorry you are suffering too after having amalgam fillings removed. I personally wonder whether it would have been better for me to just have left the fillins well alone. What are your thoughts on this? Thank you.

Annie - No whilst it has to be a personal decision I want my fillings out, I know after all the suffering I've had since Dec last year that the mercury really is poisoning me, but I will be so careful this time. I have found a dentist who sounds okay but he's very expensive and a long journey away from me, ( think overnight/or longer) this dratted illness. The problem is you can't do a proper chelation until they are all out, one thing I've noticed is that I used to have a metal taste in my mouth in the mornings, now its gone even though I still have 3 amalgams in.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Thanks, justy - that's useful to know that you had some benefit just from doing her basic protocol - and it's very useful to know that her list is closed and how to work with her nevertheless.

I must start on the book! Unfortunately am pretty much spark out with a bug at the moment so I will have to wait a few days to tackle it. It's really helpful to get a "top view" from you, though!

I thought as a start I might order up the basic supplements - is it possible to order everything from her or do you have to shop around all over to get it?

willow

I found her manner very insistent...... I wouldn't see her again.

My experience too. Though I also felt she was kind, highly motivated to improve my health, just too fixed on her particualr theories and not a good listener. That's ok if her theories work for you. In my case she was keen to give me EPD shots for food sensitivities and I was pretty certain those food sensitivities were not allergy related. And a huge issue is that my body feels assalted when my skin is broken, an ambulance was called last time I had an injection.

But she cares and shares all that info on her website. Both good and in short supply here.

justy

Sasha -you can order all the supplements from her and they are no more expensive, she tries to keep the cost down by ordering in bulk and doesnt add on a fee apart from posting. I made a big mistake though in buying everything in one go and then found i couldnt tolerate them all, i would suggest trying a few at a time (unless of course you know what you can tolerate) The multivits for example were much too high in B6 for me which i didnt know until id bought them (i have a severe reaction to SSRI's so cant take things like that)
I hope you feel better soon from your bug and good luck with reading the book.

In response to what others have said, i can see tht she has certain fixed ideas, lthough i really did think they would be more so, for example everyone i know who has seen her has been recommended B12 and Magnesium injections and i expected this to be par for the course for me, but she didnt mention them and seemed more interested in my particular symptoms. In any case its great to get all opinions and im only just starting out and want to give her ideas a good shot - a bit nervous about the Thyroxine though!

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Sasha -you can order all the supplements from her and they are no more expensive, she tries to keep the cost down by ordering in bulk and doesnt add on a fee apart from posting. I made a big mistake though in buying everything in one go and then found i couldnt tolerate them all, i would suggest trying a few at a time (unless of course you know what you can tolerate) The multivits for example were much too high in B6 for me which i didnt know until id bought them (i have a severe reaction to SSRI's so cant take things like that)
I hope you feel better soon from your bug and good luck with reading the book.

Thanks, justy - that's very useful to know. I tried twice last week to phone and order the supplements but the line seems always busy. I don't know that I have any sensitivities - I think I'd just have to introduce one thing at a time, maybe.

In the meantime I've got interested in Freddd's B12 protocol and see that he suggests not B12 injections but other forms (it's a very long thread and quite complex so I won't try to summarise!). I'm wondering which to try and what the overlap is. Several people seem to be going the B12 route in various forms (I'm thinking richvank's methylation protocol as well). I have no clue about all this stuff and don't understand anything about the mechanisms. I'm rather frozen with indecision now about what to try first! I will have to do some heavy reading and try to develop a strategy.

I'm feeling much better this week, thanks - ready to start reading properly!

Have you had any new benefit from anything new you've tried since you saw her? Early days, I suppose!

justy

Hi Sasha, i havent had time to try any of the new drugs/supplements yet as ive been away for a few days. One thing that is very clear after going away is that when i am at home i am doing WAY too much. I thought the trip would be exhausting but i didnt really do much just sat around, chatted and saw my family and drank lots of cups of decaff tea! also many hours in a car was actually ok with a small dose of diazepam for over stimulation. Now im back ive been up and down sytairs (none where i stayed) in and out to the garden and veggie patch -washing clothes, getting kids up for school and i am absolutely knackered and ill again. Her one main piece of advice for me apart from the Thyroid medication was to slow down considerably -she felt certain i had been running my life on adrenaline for many many years and i musnt keep on doing it.

I have read up Fedd and Richs B12 stuff and have considered it for a long time - i was going to discuss methylation with Dr M -she has a page on it on her site with references to Richvanks work. My feeling would be to go down the Rich van k route but im not adding in anything extra for a few mon ths now till ive tried htese for a bit.
Glad youre feeling a bit better from the bug.xx