• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Secretory immunoglobulin A (sIgA) deficiency inserum of patients with GALTectomy (appendectomy and t

nanonug

I had my tonsils removed when I was a kid and then my appendix as an adult. I am screwed! :)

A recent Metametrix GI Effects Profile did show an overgrowth of Morganella morganii in my gut...

globalpilot

I'm sorry to hear this nanonug but remember, the effects of the appendix removal only last up to 3 years and the tonsil removal for 20 years. I think maybe the issue might become that microbes in the meantime may become entrenched in the mucosal linings.

I had my tonsils out about 35 years ago.

nanonug

I'm sorry to hear this nanonug but remember, the effects of the appendix removal only last up to 3 years and the tonsil removal for 20 years. I think maybe the issue might become that microbes in the meantime may become entrenched in the mucosal linings.

So, are you saying that after a certain amount of time, both tonsils and appendix reappear?

In my case, my gut issues started a few years after tonsillectomy...

globalpilot

Well no, although that would be nice. :)
The paper says the impact on secretory IgA lasts for 3 and 20 years.
Ahhh, how interesting. Same here.