• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Science Based Medicine Blog Criticizes PACE Trial!!

barbc56

I was utterly taken aback but estactic to read this. I love the Science Based Medicine blog.. HH has not always been my favorite blogger compared to the other authors and has made some comments in the past that might, emphasis on might, be interpreted as showing me/cfs in a negative light.

In the long run Science is supposed to be self correcting. So maybe this is a matter of better data coming in and changing an opinion. That's the mark of a good scientist. Go with the data!

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/tr...cise-therapy-how-the-pace-trial-got-it-wrong/

Caveat. I was so excited, I read the blog in haste. I really hope it holds up with a more thorough reading.

Edit. I don't think it would be productive to bring up her past opinions as they lose significance when compared to her latest blog.

This was mentioned in another thread, but I reckon it deserves its own!

I'm less keen on Hall than their other writers, but this seemed okay (I've only read it quickly too - reaching my limits on PACE at the moment tbh). Good to have PACE criticisms getting wider coverage, and Science Based Medicine is exactly the sort of audience we want to be reaching.

barbc56

@Kina @Sushi

Should these threads be merged? I started wondering if there was another thread on second reading after I saw a certain member on PR wrote a comment. I won't say whose name without permission even though it's blatantly obvious. But you can't rule out a copycat! :thumbsup:

What is the URL for the other thread? Thanks for the heads up!​

Solstice

Sawyerrra day ago
I've been out of the SBM loop for a while and was happy to see this topic when I logged in today. Ordinarily CFS is not a topic that interests me, but I was familiar with Dr. Tuller's work on the PACE trial when it was featured on This Week in Virology last summer. It came as quite a shock to me because my initial assumption was that the CFS patient/advocate community was making much ado about nothing. I made it about 15 minutes into the TWiV episode before I started yelling obscenities at the study authors, and feeling rather guilty for questioning those suffering from CFS.

Loved this. Word is finally getting out.