• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Safe Amalgam removal in London, England?

veganmua

Which dentist have you had success with in the London/Essex area? Who would you recommend?

Also, what do you think of this guy? I'm not sure, is he legit or a quack? Look under 'our protocol and fees'. What do you think?

maryb

iherb code TAK122
I had an appointment with him earlier on in the year but was too sick to go. I'm resigned to seeing him as very few options in the UK. Depends on how ill you are and able to chelate. I've been made much worse by having my amalgams out, approved dentist used rubber dam, separate air supply, covered clothes but I was really bad for 6/12 months after each removal. I can't tolerate a lot of chelation stuff so want my last 2 out in one session, then maybe have EDTA.

xrunner

I would choose a mercury-free dentist http://mercuryfreedentistry.org.uk/london-south/
who doesn't try to sell any additional services regarding mercury detox.
The protocol in question as described on the website is probably ineffective and in some respects it could even be harmful for people sensitive to mercury.
For that the Cutler protocol is usually much cheaper and safer.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
When I had mine done my doc had me get IV Vitamin C also.

I didn't have too many problems with mine thankfully but after removal and DMPS chelation I didn't notice much difference.