• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Rituxumab and its relation to CD19 Cells Question

Justin30

Hi,

My question is in relation to CD 19 cells.

Does anyone know or have data that suggests a response to Rituximab if CD 19 are low or high?

Info would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Gingergrrl

Is CD19 an autoantibody and does it relate to lymphoma or am I totally confused? I apologize I also do not know the answer to your question!

Jonathan Edwards

"Gibberish"
Now it is just an B cell level that is measured maybe @Jonathan Edwards could shed some light on it as I am a bit confused about the levels and their meanings as well.

B cell levels vary widely in normal blood. They probably do not mean much because B cells only pass through blood very transiently. They do not do anything there. It is a bit like trying to gauge how many people live in a town by looking out of the window to see how many people are on the street. As far as I know counts tell us nothing about autoimmune disease. (They are very high in B cell leukaemia but that is a completely different issue.) I have not seen any evidence that high or low counts affect response to rituximab in any autoimmune disease.

On a wider front counts of lymphocyte populations in individual people are not very likely to tell us much in ME/CFS. There may be statistical trends across groups of ME patients of interest but one off measurements for single individuals probably mean nothing.