• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Rituximab story in Huffington Post

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Here's the link (please do visit the site - the more traffic they get, the more they'll keep reporting on us). It's a sympathetic piece - it starts:

"Chronic fatigue syndrome wrecks people's lives. It does so physicially, socially and economically. Appearing "normal" yet not being able to think or work causes enormous hardship compounded by many doctors who think the illness does not really exist -- a position health and disability insurance companies are more than happy to endorse. "​

Comments are allowed - there are 13 already. I've added a couple. This is a good platform - let's have meaty, heartfelt, non-ranty stuff on there! Let's give them some facts we want out there. I've mentioned the Norwegian govt apology and called for NIH funding.

Roy S

former DC ME/CFS lobbyist
From the perspective of a 41 year patient and early activist, I think the Huffington Post article is one the best I've ever seen. An M.D. hitting these points over and over is great advocacy.

"Chronic fatigue syndrome wrecks people's lives. It does so physicially, socially and economically. Appearing "normal" yet not being able to think or work causes enormous hardship compounded by many doctors who think the illness does not really exist http://www.huffingtonpost.com/john-falk/chronic-fatigue-syndrome-_b_829651.html-- a position health and disability insurance companies are more than happy to endorse."

"Second, this study goes a fair way to knocking off the strong belief in the medical community that CFS is "only in people's heads.""

"The biggest change may occur with public acceptance and awareness. It's one thing to live with a chronic disease that controls much of your life; it's another to live with an illness many do not believe exists."

SOC

Wonderful article! We need many more articles like this in front of the public -- well thought out, frank, informative.