• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Rituximab and mast cell disorders w/me

sillysocks84

I am not sure if anyone knows this yet, but I know many of us have problems developing allergies to pretty much anything. Has anyone heard if RTX has helped mast cell problems within the clinical trials? This is one of my worst symptoms. I'd be fine if only this part would go away. Well some days I feel that way anyways... Feel free to tag someone too if you think they may know or have a better understanding of RTX in relation to mast cells in our disease.

sillysocks84

Sorry I can't give you a detailed or definitive answer but in the study here, one of the antibodies, that was elevated in patients and that fell with rituximab treatment, was to the β2 adrenergic receptor, which is involved in inhibiting histamine release from mast cells.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beta-2_adrenergic_receptor
That wiki is a wealth of information, gives me a big clue that my receptor isn't functioning great just by going down the list. Thank you for sharing!