• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Risperidone vs amisulpride

Bdeep86

Has anyone tried either of these in low doses? I noticed that the Risperidone antagonizes the 5ht2a as well as agonizes dopamine at low doses. However it seems that weight gain can be an issue, possibly not at low doses. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with these.

Hip

Yes, if you search the forum, you will find my thread on amisulpride. Amisulpride works well for me, improving fatigue, sound sensitivity, irritability and also helps my anhedonia. Risperidone I did not derive any benefit from, and in fact it worsened my anhedonia symptoms.

Hip

By the way, risperidone is one of the medications on Dr Jay Goldstein's list of top 23 drugs for ME/CFS. See his list at the bottom of this post.

helen1

I used risperidone a few years before CFS arrived, for depression, and had a wonderful serotogenic side effect from it. It only lasted 17 beautiful days then the darkness returned. But those 17 days gave me the best me, friendly, warm, relaxed, involved with the world.

The other side effect I had was lactation, not a good thing. I used a very small dose but don't remember how much exactly.