• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Rich's Revised Simplified : Month 4, Time for Methylmate B & Folinic !!

juniemarie

I am kind a nervous as there is always such a buzz surrounding these 2 supplements so I have left them for
last but now its time to face the music. I started out very slow 4 mos ago with 1/4 of the multi. Now I am up to speed on everything but these. Any suggestions as to which I should try adding first?
I'm doing pretty good so far on the protocol. If I can just sneak in these folic things without my body pitching a hissy fit Ill be walking in tall cotton!

merylg

I am not sure which one you should try first, but I think I am having more problems with Methylmate B. Others may have problems with Folinic Acid. Here is the Folinic Acid that I am taking. I have to open the capsules and halve the dose. There is some interesting info here on how it works:

http://www.fourbody.com.au/dr-veras-folinic-acid.html

(Assuming you are already taking Hydroxy B12 as important to take B12 at same time)

juniemarie

Merylg When you say b12 ar the same time do you mean take it with the folinic? I do take b12 but not with the folinic
and a couple of other people told me the same thing that they had more trouble with the Methylmate B so I started the folinic a couple of days ago. 1/4 of a cap

merylg

Merylg When you say b12 ar the same time do you mean take it with the folinic? I do take b12 but not with the folinic
and a couple of other people told me the same thing that they had more trouble with the Methylmate B so I started the folinic a couple of days ago. 1/4 of a cap

Sorry I just meant taking both (Hydroxy B12 and Folinic Acid) as part of the daily protocol.
How are you going with the folinic???

juniemarie

OK Yes I do take b12. Its only been 3 days on the folinic and so far I have notice a very mild headache,(does not last long) a little more itchy than usual but nothing else........dont know if it takes a while to see bad reactions the longer I am on it or if you are going to have a reaction it shows up pretty quick. Do you know what Rich's protocol for folinic is at full dose? I dont remember if we stay on 1/4 or work up to a higher dose. Its in my notes I will recheck them. How long do you think I should be on the folinic before I start the Methyl B. I was thinking along the lines of 2 weeks

merylg

Here is the link to the protocol again:

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/show...fied-Methylation-Protocol-Revised-as-of-Today

Two weeks seems reasonable to me, to see if you react to something, but everyone is different. However if you react to things with intolerance, as I do, then it can be affected by what you eat or medications you take in combination with the protocol. So it is never going to be simple...sigh...

Also, the next supplement you add might be OK on it's own, but in combination with the other supplements, it may tip you over a tolerance threshold and cause you to react. Then you may need to reduce the dose of everything you are taking. Lots of trial and error!