• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

RiboGen for ME/CFS

cb2

I think the article mentioned it may take up to 6months. ? wondering if anyone has been taking it that long and would like to share their experience?

Justin30

I think the article mentioned it may take up to 6months. ? wondering if anyone has been taking it that long and would like to share their experience?

Yes some feedback would be great I have the product in an bin of supplements I have not tried or used.

Also does anyone know of any contraidications with medications?

me/cfs 27931

Whole Foods Magazine said:
Another important ingredient to keep an eye out for is a French oak wood extract (Robuvit) from Horphag Research USA, based in Hoboken, NJ. According to Frank Schonlau, director of scientific communication for the firm, the extract — rich in roburins and other flavonoids unique to oak wood — is able to enhance energy during exercise because “the roburin flavonoids are processed by gut micro-biota to metabolites called urolithins. These metabolites stimulate renewal of the body cell’s powerhouses (mitochondria) to more efficiently generate energy from foodstuffs.”

One study, for example, measured the performance of 54 men and women during a triathlon after taking the extract for two weeks or placebo. Results showed that the experimental group taking the French oak wood extract had a significantly faster time during the 5 km run and overall significantly improved triathlon performance (9).

Schonlau also points to the extract’s efficacy for reducing symptoms of fatigue in general. “Another 2015 study published in Phytotherapy Research…found that daily supplementation reduced the symptoms of general fatigue like exhaustion, headaches and loss of memory after just four weeks,” he explains.

“This builds on a 2013 study published in Panminerva Medica which showed the benefits of Robuvit for individuals suffering from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS). It’s a natural and caffeine-free option for many fatigue sufferers looking for a way to feel better.”

http://www.wholefoodsmagazine.com/s...energy-supplements-continue-to-gain-strength/
Spacing and emphasis mine.