• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

riboflavin-5-phosphate equal dosage to normal B2?

douglasmich

Hi.

I have bought a b complex to take once a week. Just wondering what riboflavin-5-phosphate is comapred to normal B2 dosage wise

Kathevans

From what I've read on the 'B2 I Love You' thread, it is the 'normal' form in most B-complex vitamins, as opposed to FMN, or one of the forms your liver turns it into for use in your body. I've also read that your body can only absorb about 25 mg at a time, that it stays in your body only as long as your pee remains bright yellow, or about 3 hours, and that it is essential for the folate cycle to work well. It also contributes to ATP, and with B12 helps to make carnitine (but I have no idea how that works!).

Probably more than you wanted to know.

CCC

From what I've read on the 'B2 I Love You' thread, it is the 'normal' form in most B-complex vitamins, as opposed to FMN, or one of the forms your liver turns it into for use in your body.
This might be asking too much, but is there any chance you might have a source for the claim about B2-->FMN in the liver? No worries if you don't. Some people have a better indexing system than I do.