International ME/CFS and FM Awareness Day Is On May 12, 2018
Thomas Hennessy, Jr., selected May 12th to be our international awareness day back in 1992. He knew that May 12th had also been the birthday of Florence Nightingale. She was the English army nurse who helped to found the Red Cross as well as the first school of nursing in the world.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

riboflavin-5-phosphate equal dosage to normal B2?

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by douglasmich, Mar 28, 2016.

1. douglasmich

douglasmich

Hi.

I have bought a b complex to take once a week. Just wondering what riboflavin-5-phosphate is comapred to normal B2 dosage wise

2. Kathevans

Kathevans Senior Member

Boston, Massachusetts
    From what I've read on the 'B2 I Love You' thread, it is the 'normal' form in most B-complex vitamins, as opposed to FMN, or one of the forms your liver turns it into for use in your body. I've also read that your body can only absorb about 25 mg at a time, that it stays in your body only as long as your pee remains bright yellow, or about 3 hours, and that it is essential for the folate cycle to work well. It also contributes to ATP, and with B12 helps to make carnitine (but I have no idea how that works!).

Probably more than you wanted to know.

3. douglasmich

douglasmich

Thanks,

sorry my brainfog is crippling so i probabaly sound like an idiot

4. CCC

CCC Senior Member

This might be asking too much, but is there any chance you might have a source for the claim about B2-->FMN in the liver? No worries if you don't. Some people have a better indexing system than I do.

5. Kathevans

Kathevans Senior Member

Boston, Massachusetts

See more popular forum discussions.