• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Rhodiola rosea

ramakentesh

Hi - anyone have any experiences? Ive tried it twice briefly and had some pretty impressive results that then wayned to weird vasoconstriction of my feet and hands and a kind of rebound of symptoms. I might try a lower dosage - im waiting to discuss with my doctor.

InvertedTree

Hi - anyone have any experiences? Ive tried it twice briefly and had some pretty impressive results that then wayned to weird vasoconstriction of my feet and hands and a kind of rebound of symptoms. I might try a lower dosage - im waiting to discuss with my doctor.

It worked great for me when my ME symptoms were mild but when the ME progressed to the moderate/severe level I didn't have as much success with it.

Mr. Cat

I've been taking Gaia Herbs Rhodiola for about a month now. The first time I took 1 pill, I became extremely anxious and irritable for about 3 hours. It was so bad, I was never going to take any again, but near the end of this, I experienced a positive/energetic mood, and the next day I started on a smaller dosage and worked up. For about a week, I had great bursts of energy and an excellent mood. I think all this is due to the fact that Rhodiola is supposed to boost the passage of serotonin to the brain, and as with other serotonin-enhancers, such as SAM-E, there is a very fine line for me, as a little makes me feel good, but too much gives me anxiety. I had a crash about a week ago, though, and since then, I haven't noticed as much effect from the Rhodiola. My tolerance certainly increased, as I am now up to 2 pills/day with much less impressive results. I still think the Rhodiola is helping, though.