Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Respiratory Chain Enzyme Function Analysis in ME...

Discussion in 'Diagnostic Guidelines and Laboratory Testing' started by Rossy191276, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Rossy191276

Rossy191276 Senior Member

Brisbane, Australia
    Does anybody know if researchers have done any respiratory chain enzyme function analysis studies in ME?

The mitochondrial disease doctor I saw said that it is a way to diagnose genetic mito but I would think that respiratory chain enzyme dysfunction could be a secondary result to potential ME factors as well...my scientific knowledge is very limited so would be happy for those of you with better understanding of these processes to give thoughts...

Thanks

alkt likes this.
  2. kattsqueen

kattsqueen

Hi Rossy. I am just beginning to explore my genetic info and have found numerous mutations of nuclear dna that could indeed be part of the reason for my poor health. Have you seen this article yet? I so far have identified missense and vus in several of the genes listed in this article. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2859630/

3. Research 1st

Research 1st Severe ME, POTS & MCAS.

Hi I don't know if the following is of any use to use, sorry if it isn't but just trying to help.

Attached Files:

See more popular forum discussions.