Professor & patients' paper on the solvable biological challenge of ME/CFS: reader-friendly version
Simon McGrath provides a patient-friendly version of a peer-reviewed paper which highlights some of the most promising biomedical research on ME/CFS ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

"Resisting Attempts to Silence #PwME"

Discussion in 'Action Alerts and Advocacy' started by Nielk, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Nielk

Nielk

Resisting Attempts to Silence #PwME

Read blog here - https://relatingtome.net/2017/11/01/resisting-attempts-to-silence-pwme/

2. Mary

Mary Senior Member

Southern California
    Very interesting discussion about methods of propaganda and stifling dissent! It's everywhere in our political discourse nowadays and of course in the area of ME/CFS as well --

3. IThinkImTurningJapanese

IThinkImTurningJapanese Moderator

Japan
    @Nielk There was a post many years ago, on Reddit I believe. It referred to Companies hiring master debaters to join forums and manipulate the public perception. Peer pressure is a powerful force.

I find this particularly disturbing because of the potential for open communication, worldwide, to advance the knowledge and relations of humankind. Kind of a lofty sentence, but I think this issue is deserving of such accolades.

That is an excellent article you have done, and for that I want to give you a very special thanks.

Domo Arigatou Gozaimashita

Sharyl Attkisson

4. Nielk

Nielk

Thank you.

I agree that this is such an important topic, especially today when we are bombarded with articles, blogs, videos on all social media outlets. There is a definitive attempt to control opinion, whether in politics or the private sector. Psychological studies have shown that it is actually easy to sway views and those who are knowledgeable about effective tactics can gain attention and power.

5. Nielk

Nielk

6. IThinkImTurningJapanese

IThinkImTurningJapanese Moderator

Japan

I feel this way about health news. We are learning so much about healthy living, but so many people seem overwhelmed and simply dismiss concerns with, "well everything's bad for you".

7. Ember

Ember Senior Member

johnnydme and Nielk like this.

See more popular forum discussions.