• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

REQUEST FOR INTERVIEWS BY A FINNISH JOURNALIST ABOUT YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE PACE TRIAL

Dolphin

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1254036694653986&id=171411469583186
REQUEST FOR INTERVIEWS BY A FINNISH JOURNALIST ABOUT YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE PACE TRIAL

Tony Britton writes:

I've today received the following request from a Finnish journalist who is working on a book on ME/CFS with an eminent Finnish doctor, who has seen many patients with the illness at his own clinic:

"In one section of the book, we are planning to discuss the PACE trial and report the whole process that’s yet to be covered in Finnish media. This is where we would greatly appreciate your help.

"Though the case is pretty well documented online, we could use some first-hand knowledge on what went on and how the research was conducted from a patient’s point of view.

""As we have learned, the study had a lot of methodological problems, its results published in 2011 were highly exaggerated and, according to your survey, most of the patients participated in the GET group actually had their symptoms worsen after the treatment.

"We are now wondering if it would be possible to find a patient or two who were in either GET or CBT group for an email interview.
The anonymized answers would be used mostly as background information: naturally, patients’ details will be kept confidential and no names will be mentioned in any context.

"We would be very grateful if you could find a way to forward our inquiry to those participated in the PACE trial (I’m also interested in interviewing patients who had to quit the trial because of their worsening condition). "If you do, please make sure to include my contact information in the message so that anyone interested can get in touch with us. In case of any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me."

IF YOU WANT TO TAKE PART, PLEASE EMAIL THE JOURNALIST HEIDI MÖTTÖNEN AT heidimaria.m@gmail.com. She is collaborating in the book with Dr Olli Polo of the Unesta Clinic at Tampere, the urban centre in southern Finland