• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Request for information related to PACE

JohntheJack

Don't know if this is helpful, but I've attached the earlier (Dec 2000) edition of Good Research Practice.

I've had a quick look at the MRC website using archive.org and it doesn't look as though they introduced the Guidance for Applicants document until a couple of years after PACE was given the green light. Below is a link to the 'Advice for applicants' page on their website - as captured on 5th April 2004 - on the off chance that it contains the information you're looking for.

http://web.archive.org/web/20040405...fic_schemes/funding-advice_for_applicants.htm

Thanks, Stewart. It has all been helpful. I was more digging around rather than looking for anything in particular, and it has given me one or two ideas. Thanks for all your help.