• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Repeat WCA medical tests to be stopped

MeSci

ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?
This looks like dynamite news about Work Capability Assessments from another forum.

All repeat WCA medicals to be stopped

Created on Monday, 24 February 2014 14:14

In an urgent memo obtained by Benefits and Work, the DWP have told staff that due to a growing backlog at Atos all current employment and support allowance (ESA) claimants will be left on the benefit, without further medical checks, until another company can be found to do repeat work capability assessments (WCAs). The memo, dated 20 January, goes on to say that this will reduce the number of claimants moving off ESA, but that there are no plans to inform claimants or MPs about the change.

Full story here.

It looks increasingly unlikely that the latest targets will be met for the rollout of Universal Credit. That increases the chances of me reaching retirement age before they get to me to see whether they want to force me to abandon self-employment and look for employment instead or lose my Working Tax Credit. :D

snowathlete

This is welcome news. I am due a reassessment shortly, after two years. I have no doubt I would get it again, I'm even sicker now than I was before, but I could do without all the form filling and hastle of them coming to my house to ask me stupid questions.
The whole system is an immoral shambles.