• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Repairing your Mito: A possible alternative to BodyBio PC

Hello guys,

I am writing this thread in a rush. If you are not familiar with phosphatidylcholine-based mitochondria repair, then please go here: https://www.bodybio.com/storeproduct356.aspx

I think I discovered an alternative to this expensive product. You can take a normal lecithin capsule with 6 - 8 oz of water to get an enteric-coated like effect and the phosphatidylcholine gets into your bloodstream a bit slower. I have only done this for one day, and I feel a bit better. What do you think?

Just an update, I have decided to fork over $200 to buy BodyBio PC. I didn't want too, but I did. I looked at the video on the product page, and it said that the oil/triglycerides in standard lecithin-derived products destroy the phosphatidyl portion of the PC that you ingest. If BodyBio PC is not strong enough, I may try the non-oil PPC (Polyenylphosphatidylcholine) products, which is PC only, no other phospholipids.

whodathunkit

Some people like BodyBioPC, but I was spectacularly underwhelmed by it, especially given the price. It also tastes (IMHO) like ass. Try NT Factor by Nutricology instead, and look up some old posts by PR user "Radio".

Worth noting is that I had already done some work with lipids (NT Factor) and on my mitochondria (with LCF and methylation supps) before I tried BBPC. So that could account for my lack of results with it...although if I did so well with a cheaper lipid product it begs the question of why continue to pay for BBPC.

On the whole, though, I'm now staying away from omega-6 fats (like are in BBPC and NT Factor, which are soy-based) and am having good results with just eating saturated fats and some omega-3. Also using some gut bacteria like clostridium butyricum which help manufacture butyrate (good short-chain fat), which are also good for mitochondrial function. I think the Perfect Heatlh Diet guy is completely spot-on about saturated fats being best for us, and I wished I'd believed this 20 years ago.

Sherpa

Ex-workaholic adrenaline junkie
Here's my review of Empirical Labs Phospholipid Complex PC 5200 . The manufacturer claims its "stronger than BiobodyPC." I find these claims to be believable, it is a really excellent product. It sells for $72 for 16oz (versus $200 for BBPC). It the same stuff that is sold as "Optimal PC" by Seeking Health for more $$$.

Citicoline is also very good,

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

First off, thanks for replying to my thread. My background is that I was mercury poisoned by my dental fillings. I detoxed on my own, and I am sure I did a lot of damage to my body in the process.

@whodathunkit , yes, I think my methylation has been impaired. I make so, so stomach acid. I take 1000 mg TMG and methyl-b complex vitamins with each meal. I sometimes take a little methionine, a few sunflower lecithin capsules and Nucleotides to aid in jump starting my methylation cycle. I get a good response to anything choline which leads me to believe that I am choline deficient.

I tried NT Factor a long time ago, and I had a great response to it. I hate the fact that I could NOT get NT Factor by itself in an easy too consume form. The purest form of NT Factor came in a tub of powder or sweeten chewable tablets. I hated both of these forms.

As far as using Omega 3 and saturated fats only, I recently had good responses to Omega3 when my body produces adequate bile to emulsify the oil while it is in my stomach. I guess lack of bile is another indication of a screwed up Methylation cycle. I hope whatever form of phosphatidylcholine that I plan to utilize will help in that department.

@Sherpa , I saw the Empirical Labs (EL) PC. I actually purchased it, but then I cancelled my order. I think the EL product is a larger volume version of Now Food Sunflower Lecithin capsules. Look at the Other Ingredients on the product's label, it has oil/triglycerides which will destroy the phosphatidyl portion of the supplement, according to the BodyBio PC video. Also, the EL product doesn't have the correct 4:1 omega 6 to omega 3 ratio, which I don't put much stock in...

Let's keep this discussion going...

Thanks again for your participation...

Sherpa

I think the Empirical Labs Phospholipid Complex (Seeking Health Optimal PC) is a bit more therapeutic than the NOW sunflower Lecithin Capsules - which I have also tried and I didn't notice an effect.
I did notice an effect with the Empirical Labs.

Hello everyone,

@adreno , maybe I am not using the right terminology which is why I put "oil/triglycerides". Please look at the BodyBio PC video to better understand.

@Sherpa , welcome back friend. I just got my BodyBio, I just took one of the two daily pill dosage. I can definitely feel the difference between this and NOW Sunflower Lecithin capsules. I feel the BodyBio PC actually coating my intestines, instead of being digested in my stomach. I think we got ourselves a winner here! I will keep you guys updated.

Sherpa

I believe BioBody does a lot of good research and development, but I don't believe ALL of their marketing. I am sure their product is great, just don't believe their magical secret formula makes everything else incomparable.

Glad to hear it's working great for you!

Guys,

You know with supplementing, it is all about sequencing. I have tried Source Naturals Phosphatidylcholine and Triple-Concentrated Lecithin, but I stopped using it due to soy side effects. So, I switched to NOW Foods Sunflower Lecithin and it is not that concentrated, which resulted in me not getting any results. Perhaps, you could get the same results from using a cheaper, more concentrated Lecithin source as you would from BodyBio PC. Can anyone else weigh in on this? I may still get Empirical Labs Phospholipid Complex in order to avoid soy side effects. I may alternate between Empirical Labs and NOW Foods, week-by-week, so I don't waste my money on the BodyBio PC. I hate the fact that Empirical Labs does not come in capsules, it is a real deal breaker.

@Sherpa

In the meanwhile, I am going to take DIM and Calcium D-Glucarate to limit the phytoestrogenic effect of soy.

In Dustin Hoffman voice from Rainman...

I am definitely, definitely experiencing some issues from BodyBio PC. I have been experiencing a bit of constipation. I wonder if it is the soy causing an goitrogen effect, hypothyroid = constipation. Or, if the poison being released from my body is messing with my thyroid. Or, if it is the increased intake of Omega 6s.

To overcome this problem, I am going to take BodyBio with food for now on and probably split the dosage. I will probably take an Omega 3 supplement to reduce the inflammation that comes with Omega 6. I have spent $200 on this, so it definitely have to be used, but it wouldn't be the first time I wasted my money on a supplement.

maryb

iherb code TAK122
You can also buy sunflower lecithin in powder form, sprinkle it on food or stir it into drinks/soups.

whodathunkit

I have spent $200 on this, so it definitely have to be used,
No, it really doesn't.

I still have over half my bottle of it sitting in my cabinet. I don't expect to use it and may just throw it out. I've hung onto it because I may go back to it if I think I need a little omega-6, or find someone near me that wants it before it expires. Because of the price I'd rather see it get used, and that nets it a little shelf space for the time being, but I'm definitely not going to take it if I think I don't need it, and especially not if I think it's not good for me, just because it's expensive.

Honestly, I'm chalking my experience with BBPC as another object lesson in the evils of impulse buying supplements. After years of doing this, I think I'm finally getting it. :lol: :meh:

Hello everyone,

@adreno , maybe I am not using the right terminology which is why I put "oil/triglycerides". Please look at the BodyBio PC video to better understand.

@Sherpa , welcome back friend. I just got my BodyBio, I just took one of the two daily pill dosage. I can definitely feel the difference between this and NOW Sunflower Lecithin capsules. I feel the BodyBio PC actually coating my intestines, instead of being digested in my stomach. I think we got ourselves a winner here! I will keep you guys updated.

How are you doing with the BodyBio @JAGuy? I have recently started taking it again after a break of a maybe 2 months and am having adverse reactions which I didn't have before. Definite feelings of toxicity- spaciness, strange sensations in my teeth, I
Slight itchiness and some tingling body wide. I definitely feel as if my body/ liver does not like it and I am very keen to work out why.

Any thoughts welcome.

Mels

xrunner

I had iv Phoschol (incl. glutathione and other stuff) and according to my acumen mito tests it didn't do anything to repair the mitochondria.
It appeared to detoxify minor stuff but not very effectively and surely NOT heavy metals (even in conjunction with high doses of iv glutathione and iv methylation). In fact in my case it's likely it's shifted mercury and lead around.
After about a year of treatment I was worse in terms of sensitivities which I didn't have before and not better in terms of stamina.
Later I also tried Bodybio as part of the SMP. Whether I took it or not it didn't make any difference. So not worth it if you ask me but it may depend on what type of illness people have i.e. CFS, ME, Lyme, other etc.
However I found it helpful when I took it in conjunction with abx as it seems to enhance absorption and protect the lining of the stomach.
Regarding my mitos the only thing that helped, judging from my recovery story in stamina and energy, were Lyme/antimicrobial treatments.
Best wishes.

xrunner

Patricia Kane doesn't exactly have a stellar reputation:
That's right.
I was treated by Dr Downing in London. He was trained by Patricia Kane with that same protocol that got her into trouble.
Whilst having that treatment, in the waiting room I met a few people with neurodegenerative diseases who were hoping that protocol might help.
I never met anybody who said that it was helping. For sure it didn't help me. Likely it caused changes that led me to develop MCS.
Dr D. seems to have moved on from that protocol. From what I heard however he seems to be still going strong in selling hope to patients with other unproven treatments.