• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Remedy for a burning sore throat

I'm sure we all know that burning sore throat thing when we've done a bit too much, well this remedy works for me so I thought I'd pass it on.

Gargling with sage tea

I make a strong sage tea - 2 teaspoons (dried) to a mug of boiling water, I let it cool and then strain. I then gargle with it once an hour or whenever my throat is really bothering me. The worst of the burning is usually gone after a day.

taniaaust1

Thanks for this, my throat has been a huge issue for me the past week, its stopping me from sleeping (Ive been up since 1am this morning as my throat woke me back up).

edit -edited a question out (I was so tired I missed half of this post).

Also there is this stuff you can get at the pharmacy to spray your throat and it numbs the pain. That and salt water is the only thing thats helped me.