Volunteer opportunity: Organizing Phoenix Rising articles
This section contains all the articles that have been published by Phoenix Rising over the years. As you will see if you browse here, some of the articles are outdated--either the research has been superseded or retracted or the article features an event or campaign that is now in...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Regular blood test results (CD3+ CD4/CD8...)

Discussion in 'General Symptoms' started by Aubry, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Aubry

Aubry Senior Member

Any observations or recommendations?
    I have high IGG viral titers for CMV and EBV
    Rest looks normal but some hormones are on the very low side I think.
    Do I have to take something for high hematocrit?

Attached Files:

2. Aubry

Aubry Senior Member

3. Learner1

Learner1 Forum Support Assistant

Pacific Northwest
    Your total IgG is pretty low. You might try having your IgG subclasses tested. You may have trouble fighting infections. Also, you may try having them retested if you continue to be ill. My total IgG dropped from over 8 to under 6, at which point, IVIG was prescribed.

The high EBV and CMV may be indicative of a chronic, and not just a past infection. You may benefit from an antiviral, like valacyclovir or valganciclovir.

4. Aubry

Aubry Senior Member

@Learner1 Yes I took gammanorm in the past (very low dose IVIG) but I couldn't handle it so well, maybe I need to restart... Does Valacyclovir work for CMV? I heard CMV needs Valcyte...

5. Learner1

Pacific Northwest
    IVIG is challenging. I started on a higher autoimmune dose of Gammaked and had significant side effects each time for 7 days after. Switching to Gammunex-C, which has the exact same specifications has been better.

It does tend to set off MCAS symptoms, but I'm taking Solumedrol, Allegra, and benadryl the day of, and dexamethasone, Allegra, ketotifen, Benadryl, B5, curcumin, and boswellia for a few days afterwards.

It has given me the support I need to be resolving my multiple infections.

Both drugs will work for CMV and EBV. I've been on 1.8g of Valcyte for 6 months, which has improved my symptoms and my labs.

Aubry likes this.
  6. Aubry

Aubry Senior Member

Nice. Are you feeling better with this anti-viral approach (combination IVIG + Valcyte) now that your infections are improved? I started yesterday with Valacyclovir 2g/dag to start. Will try to ask RX for Valcyte but I doubt some MD will prescribe it, will see. Couple months ago my subclasses where measured and IGG4 was bit too low.

7. Learner1

Pacific Northwest
    Yes. My brain fog and cognitive dysfunction have improved with Valcyte, and overall, I have more energy than when I started the entire regimen in August. My POTS has improved by 1/3 and I have fewer days that are a total waste.

Aubry likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.