• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Red, Orange and Green wristbands- useful?

lemonworld

I think this could be really useful.

When I have a really bad day I'm too tired to even say I have a bad day. My familiy still can't tell by looking at me what kind of day I'm having, and sometimes it can be so overwhelming when they try to talk to me when I can't think at all. And then I feel so guilty for not being able to listen, and not even being able to explain in a good way how I'm feeling. And then the emotional stress of that takes a lot out of me.

There are no green days here though :ill:

NelliePledge

Im not sure it would get the right message over for me because on my best days Im still struggling

with a green band people might think Im not having any issues at all

Revel

I don't think that my family would be so observant as to notice the colour of a wrist band.

My (unintentional) system is a little more "in your face":

If I have managed to dress in "big girl" clothes by mid-morning, then I am functioning at a level that can cope with normal communication, etc.

If I am wearing last night's PJs/onesie, then I am feeling fragile and am struggling.

However, if I am still wearing yesterday's big girl clothes, this means that I am in a PEM flare, am flaked out on the couch and wasn't able to even change into PJs the previous night, let alone get dressed again this morning.

Of course, you need a family member who actually realises that you haven't changed your clothes in several days . . . which, in my household, is where my system falls apart o_O.

tudiemoore

Am just seeing this--I am going to look for these and use them for me, me, not anybody else!

I could see them as a reminder to myself to pay attention, don't do too much, etc. but also to honor the way I am feeling and remember I don't have to be okay--I can just go ahead and whine, to the walls if nothing else!

I often just go on automatic, unless in bad shape, do whatever I had planned without checking in with myself.

Just stop and curl up with with something trivial to read, listen to, or watch.
Oh, and check the freezer for chocolate!

(Isn't it just the best when you think you are all out of chocolate and find some hidden in the freezer?)
:D
tm