Invest in ME Conference 12: First Class in Every Way
OverTheHills wraps up our series of articles on this year's 12th Invest in ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London with some reflections on her experience as a patient attending the conference for the first time.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Reboxetine for CFS

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by Gandalf, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Gandalf

Gandalf

Germany
    Little Bluestem and TiredSam like this.
  2. ErdemX

ErdemX Senior Member

Istanbul
    Hello, it's so nice to hear when someone finds a drug that works greatly for his CFS. When you say that you start to feel like a normal person now (which seems to be a million light years away from me) , I just wanted to ask you the degree of your CFS before the drug.

Could you please tell us a bit about which symptoms you had before Reboxetine and the severity of them..

Little Bluestem likes this.
  3. adreno

adreno PR activist

I used it for a while but didn't find it particularly helpful.

Little Bluestem likes this.
  4. JES

JES Senior Member

I'd also like to know your degree of symptoms before starting on this medication. Any kind of recovery story is always interesting to hear, but keep in mind that most antidepressants tend to "poop out" at least when used against depression or anxiety, that is, there is an initial effect, but tolerance builds up and the positive effects diminish over time.

5. IreneF

IreneF Senior Member

San Francisco
    I know that antidepressants poop out, but I would say "some" rather than "most". It's called tachyphylaxis. I've been on the same one for about 11years. Works great for depression & anxiety, but does nothing for CFS/ME.

6. Dufresne

Dufresne almost there...

Montreal
    @Gandalf, how long has Reboxetine been working for you?

I initially had positive results with larger doses of this drug but they leveled out. This effect was far more pronounced with methylphenidate. Unfortunately there was a serious downside with the latter as I believe I lost receptor sensitivity. Reboxetine helped bring me out of that slump.

Now I take small doses of Reboxetine every couple of days or so for my blood pressure problems without discernible negative effects. It's cheap and works very well.

Anybody interested in trying this drug without a prescription might want to check out my source http://brandmedicines.com/index.php...mfo6bqhodbujb1i7dgfgnufvo0&keyword=reboxetine

See more popular forum discussions.