• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Reason to live?!

MEPatient345

@notmyself What @Cheesus says is so spot on.. I think we have all felt the way you feel, especially in the first few years. Amazingly, you learn to cope and you find ways to enjoy little things. If you are mild and it's only been a year -- this may not last. Plus you are young, which greatly increases your chances of recovery.

I have been sick 3.5 years and I found the first two years the hardest. I thought I absolutely couldn't cope with living this way, losing my well paid career, my road bike, running, my independence. I often contemplated the idea of suicide. And I know every ME patient I've spoken to has had the same thoughts. But I did learn to cope with it. Your emotions and ability to cope will change, wax and wane over time. Things will get better. The best thing to do is try to connect with other people. Talk to your mum and your friends. Make new online friends here. Distract yourself with books, movies, anything that you can still enjoy. Let yourself be ill. Things will be ok. Hang in there. Please, please don't give up.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Is there anyway to find out where notmyself lives? If he is threatening suicide is there anyway that we can contact 911 and get him help?
Yes, moderators can see the location of a member's IP--in this case it is not in the US. Notmyself did log back into the forum and was here 15 minutes ago. I asked notmyself to post again on the thread. I have contacted him privately giving him resources in his own location. I hope he will post here again soon. Moderators do whatever they are able to when someone makes a suicidal post, though we are limited in what it is possible to do.

notmyself

Thanks all for your concern and good words,it really means a lot!!!..i talk with my mother and is clear for me that she will not be able to continue living if i suicide..i will had done it easily if wasn't for her and my sister but i can't do this to them so i guess i need to keep going..I'm gonna try to be more positive ,maybe take some sedatives for few days till i get more stable and after start with suplements ,quit smoking , and meditation and see how it goes..who knows maybe all this will turn out to be a pozitive, learning to take care of my body wich i always abused of in the past..It s time to give him a rest.. ...What suplements should i give the first try?

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Thanks all for your concern and good words,it really means a lot!!!.
And you mean a lot to all of us! Thank you so much for coming back and letting us know how you are. We would not have been able to sleep tonight not knowing.

I think we all get days where we just can't take it anymore and lose sight of how taking our life would have such a terrible effect on others. Thank you for giving yourself the chance to approach this illness in a more hopeful way. It is a learned skill, but really worth it. There are always little changes that we can make that help. I really hope you find some "little helps" very soon. We are thinking of you. Please post here whenever that mood overtakes you again. We know what it is like and are with you.

Jesse2233

Thanks all for your concern and good words,it really means a lot!!!..i talk with my mother and is clear for me that she will not be able to continue living if i suicide..i will had done it easily if wasn't for her and my sister but i can't do this to them so i guess i need to keep going..I'm gonna try to be more positive ,maybe take some sedatives for few days till i get more stable and after start with suplements ,quit smoking , and meditation and see how it goes..who knows maybe all this will turn out to be a pozitive, learning to take care of my body wich i always abused of in the past..It s time to give him a rest.. ...What suplements should i give the first try?

Check out Hip's roadmap for next steps https://sites.google.com/site/cfstestingandtreatmentroadmap/

MEPatient345

I'm so relieved you spoke with them..
Parents and siblings make it all bearable.

Yes.. no smoking or drinking! Look after yourself. Meditation is a great way to calm and focus on healing and the present, stop worrying about what hasn't happened yet. Better than any supplement I've tried.

Wolfiness

Activity Level 0
I'm gonna try to be more positive ,maybe take some sedatives for few days till i get more stable and after start with suplements ,quit smoking , and meditation and see how it goes..who knows maybe all this will turn out to be a pozitive, learning to take care of my body wich i always abused of in the past..It s time to give him a rest.. ...What suplements should i give the first try?

Welcome back @notmyself :) This is an excellent plan. Take it easy for now. Don't worry about supplements yet unless trying different things is good for your morale. Convalesce. x

notmyself

@notmyself

We'll all be here to give a helping hand whenever you need support. You're not alone. We will all get through this.

You will be amazed how much benefit you can get from going through an experience like this. I feel like my character has strengthened immeasurably.

Thanks !! i was thinking of this last night.. how stupid i was before getting ill, small and unnimportant things cause me stress and worries..now those thinks make me laugh:)) health is what matter the most..and if you can get over a disease like ours you will be invincible..knowing that you been through hell but you still standing,the usual things that seem hard for other people will be a joke for us...

Dainty

I'm SO glad to hear you told your mom, and that you're okay now! Thanks so much for posting to let us know.

I know that for myself, when things got so bad that I became suicidal, usually it wouldn't be just once and then I was okay. After getting the support I needed I would manage to be okay for a day or two, and then I was back to seriously feeling like ending it all over again. So I want to assure you that if you do feel suicidal again in the near future, don't beat yourself up over it, we just want to make sure you can get the support you need to stay with us!

Telling someone in person is a really great step to keep yourself safe, if they stay with you and keep on eye on things. And if you can manage to do that, and let us know that you have, then we're better able to support you without toppling over ourselves!

Take care, be gentle with yourself, and I'll see you around. :)

Undisclosed

@Kina Is there anyway to find out where notmyself lives? If he is threatening suicide is there anyway that we can contact 911 and get him help?

The information we have about any member is their email address and IP addresses. The IP address gives a general location and it's not exact.

It's very very difficult to have to deal with these things and very stressful. We can't be contacting the police with vague threats. If somebody posts they are taking pills, cutting their wrists, etc that is an immediate concern and we will try to get them help. It's not easy with so little information.

I have no problem with members saying they feel suicidal. This is when members can jump in and offer support and PR members do this and do it with kindness and empathy. I feel so sad and lost when somebody says they are going to do something and then don't return. You never know and it leaves you feeling helpless. I think the subject of feeling suicidal is way more taboo than it should be. I think if people feel hopeless, it takes the community to give some hope.

The responses on this thread were so caring. Hugs to all that reached out.