• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Rea's "Reversibility of Chronic Degenerative Disease and Hypersensitivity"

slayadragon

A while back, Bill Rea (a doctor who specializes in chemical sensitivity) released a new book called "Reversibility of Chronic Degenerative Disease and Hypersensitivity." I really like this book and this it's important with regard to CFS, but it's been a challenge to get people to read it (in part because it's a tough slog, in part because it's really expensive).

I thus was happy that Janis decided to take a look at it and then summarize the first pages in her blog.

http://cfsmethylation.blogspot.com/2012/01/hypersensitivity-and-practice-of.html

Best, Lisa

Freddd

A while back, Bill Rea (a doctor who specializes in chemical sensitivity) released a new book called "Reversibility of Chronic Degenerative Disease and Hypersensitivity." I really like this book and this it's important with regard to CFS, but it's been a challenge to get people to read it (in part because it's a tough slog, in part because it's really expensive).

I thus was happy that Janis decided to take a look at it and then summarize the first pages in her blog.

http://cfsmethylation.blogspot.com/2012/01/hypersensitivity-and-practice-of.html

Best, Lisa

Hi Lisa,

I read the post. It brings up an interesting point, locational differences. I used to travel a 6 or so times per year to various cities around the USA for business. I found that Salt Lake City and surrounding area, where I have lived since the mid 70s is the most painful city that I have been to. Denver, San Diego, San Francisco, Sacremento, Atlanta, Cleveland, Chicago, the hills around Denver, Miami, Penobscot bay area, and others were all less painful but not all the same. I felt the differences within hours of arrival.

I don't travel as much I used to as I don't do the conventions any more. However, I have traveled around the intermountain west and to California and Ohio, Indiana and so on and have noticed that I don't have that kind of sensitivity any more. If it is still present at all, it is very reduced below perceptable levels.

I've tried to tell people about this and nobody except a few who also experience it know what I'm talking about. My hypersensitivity has decreased year by year and in the 9 years since I started this healing it is now virtually completely gone or is completely gone or at least below the level of perception.

Another thing mentioned was about medications. Once I started healing I was able to taper virtually every medication I was on and either quit completely or reduce dramatically the dose. The more of these I quit the better I felt. Also, docs have remarked how I seemed to have massive side effects and no benefits from about 100 meds tried to treat my mysterious dieases.

I am very pleased to be cured of everything except some physical damage and neurological damage from the prolonged unrecognized deficiencies.