• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Re-test after being on antivirals

readyforlife

For people who are taking antivirals or immune modulators how often does your doctor recheck your viral loads? And has anyone seen their IGG levels go down on any of their blood work?

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
My doc uses the lymphocyte subset test, specifically looking at cd8 t-cells which are normally high in ebv/cmv infections. Famvir has helped me to bring them back down to normal but my last test while still on famvir, my cd8 numbers went slightly high above the normal range, maybe viruses reactivating again??
I will say that antivirals have helped me but they arent a cure, i think there is something else underlying in cfs, but treating these infections will help you though, so go for it.

cheers!!!

readyforlife

Heapsreal, thank you for the reply. I always forget that whatever protocol i'm on at the time is not a CURE. When I start to feel better I always think i'm in the clear and stop what ever expensive protocol i'm on, and down I go. I always stay on a protocol for at least six months to give it a chance. I'm going to my CFS doctor tomorrow to talk to him about antivirals. We have had this talk before and he really wants me to try these peptide injections $$$$$. I'm going to call Dr. Petersons office and see if they are taking new patients. Again thanks for the information.