• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Re: Serialisation of Kay's book, "One last goodbye" (Daily Mail, 21 April 2011)

drjohn

Re: Serialisation of Kay Gilderdale's book, "One last goodbye" (Daily Mail, 21 April 2011)

To read a letter from Dr John Greensmith
click http://mefreeforall.org/wp/re-seria...ok-one-last-goodbye-daily-mail-21-april-2011/

Any letters in response should be sent to e-mail address
letters@dailymail.co.uk

There has been a very good response to comments under the two instalments online but, to achieve our aim of the Daily Mail responding to my appeal to do a letters special with particular emphasis on M.E. rather than assisted suicide, which was Lynn's wish and what Kay works so tirelessly for, may I urge a flood of letters to the e-mail address above.

Follow us on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/MeFreeForAllOrg

Cheers
John
drjohngreensmith@mefreeforall.org
Dr John H Greensmith
ME Free For All. org

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Great idea, John. How about starting a new thread with the same message but in the "Action, Alerts, Advocacy" subforum and a call-to-action title such as "Help pressure Daily Mail to do ME special on Gilderdale case"?

Could you explain what a letters special is? I don't read the Daily Mail.

Should the emails that people send be ready for publication (i.e. making a case for research into ME, talking about its severity/underfunding) or should they just be asking for a letters special on ME because its a topic that desperately needs to be covered?

drjohn

Hi Sasha, Thanks for your encouragement and enthusiasm. I might just do that. A letters special is simply when they make a big splash on one subject - sometimes take the whole page - and it ususally follows up and article or feature. For example, they did a letters special on the Lightning Process, with 11 letters. It also gives an oportunity to publish a range of opinions.