• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

ratio of adb12 to hydroxyb12?

Aerose91

As of now I can only tolerate 2,000mg hydroxyb12 a day and zero mb12. Adb12 seems fine as well. However I've only seen ratios of how much adb12 to take compared with mb12, not hydroxy. Is there any parameter for this?

Thank you

picante

@Aerose91, my husband was taking HyB12 and AdB12 (+ L-carnitine).
2000 mcg HyB12
2500 mcg Dibencoplex (1/4 tab)
This combo worked to get him out of an overmethylated state (from taking the MeB12 & Mefolate). The HydroxyCbl mopped up the excess methyl groups and he felt good on this combo for over a month.

He has the double COMT mutations (both homozygous) and the MAO A (homozygous), so while the MeB12/ AdB12/ Mefolate protocol worked well initially, he became really messed up after a dose increase (neurotransmitter failure). Right then I raided his e-mail and found the "results are ready" message from 23andme, and figured out the trouble, and we went out and got some niacin.

Now he's back to the original protocol, but we've got the HyB12 and niacin on hand in case it happens again.

Aerose91

@picante

Thanks for that explanation. I'm wondering about the hydroxyb12 mopping up methyl donors though. My understanding is that hydroxyb12 is a methyl donor, just a form that your body can convert to what it needs vs ramming mb12 down its throat.

Niacin helped me calm down from the overexertion from mb12 but unfortunately the damage was already done.