• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Rare neurological disorder-(KLS) Kleine-Levin Syndrome

Enid

Interesting gg - it does look so familiar and one can well understand any anger too. As far as I know the thalamus/hypothalamus function is involved in ME. I get so annoyed at the interventions of the "behaviourists" and hoping her scans will help with treatments now. There is a thread (ongoing) into spinal fluid/MRI analyses being done - hoping this will throw up answers. (I did think narcolepsy at one stage but dismissed as feeling so ill).

I do feel bound to ask isn't KLS ME - most certainly a lot in common whatever.

Esther12

I read about this recently. Often a viral trigger, etc... I'm sure that there are enough similarities to mean that KLS patients could get lumped in with some definitions of CFS, but it also seems distinct enough for them to be able to escape such a fate.

It sounds like a really confusing condition to live with, but also seems that they've been able to escape the attention of the quacks because it's so rare.