• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Radio Jan 14th: Dr Judy Mikovits talking about research and treatment for ME

Countrygirl

On Wednesday 14th January Dr Judy Mikovits is speaking live on the air at 4pm Pacific time. She'll discuss her new book PLAGUE, retroviruses, and environmental toxins. She'll also cover what kind of research is needed, and what she thinks are the best ways to structure and fund it. Perhaps most importantly, she'll talk about what *we* can do to help ourselves and our families. The event will be recorded if you can't listen live.

Here is the link to the radio.

http://prn.fm/

Countrygirl

At midnight, for us in UK. :sleep: But my sleep pattern is messed up anyway, so it's fine for me. :wide-eyed:

Tell me about it, Bob! :cry: It is 35 years since I've had a full night's sleep. I will leave my laptop on and I may or may not be awake, but it is recorded, so there are no worries. It should be very interesting and I look forward to it.

Dufresne

almost there...
It's a good overview, at least to someone who's admittedly not into the small details and science of the ordeal. She comes across as sincere and passionate. I guess she always has.

She seems to make some very good points. One of which, that I never thought was paid proper respect, is concerning when Lipkin found suggestions of retroviral infection in his sequencing but then went on to say he didn't think it would pan out. I remember thinking: really.. that's it? no further explanation or scientific inquiry? If anything backs up her claims there are retroviruses in the regular population, it's this.

And I fully agree with her criticism of the scientific system, from funding to suppression, whether there are new retroviruses out there or not.